Where can I get a certificate of non-impediment (CNI)?

A Certificate of Non-Impediment (CNI), sometimes referred to as a Nulla Osta, is a document that confirms there are no objections to you getting married. You will usually need to obtain one of these before getting married abroad. If you are living in the UK you should contact your local Register Office to obtain this document; for overseas British nationals, the first step would be to contact your local British Embassy. 

For full details, including some exceptions that are applicable, you can download a guidance document issued by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office here

We are unable to assist with obtaining your CNI as it involves you making a personal declaration that you are free to marry. 

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us